Betty and Gordon's RV Odyssey

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 began our RV Odyssey. Our RV (Retirement Villa) is an Excel (Peterson Industries) Fifth Wheel travel trailer model 30RSO towed by our Ford F350 Powerstroke Diesel crew cab. We invite you to join our travel journal over the next few years and share your experiences and site-seeing suggestions with us.

Friday, June 02, 2006

Smith Center Kansas 6/2/2006

Betty and I are in Smith Center Kansas where Excel Fifth Wheel trailers are made. We arrived on Wednesday after one night in Prairie Dog State Park (Norton KS) and two previous nights at Scott Lake State Park (Scott City KS). We have had quite a bit of rain and our camping in the vacant lots around Smith Center has provided us with some new "lake-side" camp sites. The factory has taken very good care of us (an estimated 650 rigs): food, entertainment, seminars, factory tours, walking tours of town, and lots of new friends in the Colorado and New Mexico Excel Clubs.

I have not been able to log onto the wireless internet service provided here, so I am in the high school computer lab. Also not able to get onto my full email system, only the web-based version which has no files. If I owe you a message, sorry. Will see what I can do later.

We leave Smith Center first of the week and then we go to...uh, I guess we are retired so who knows. Maybe somewhere to just relax and read a while. I hope to post next week, Friday or Saturday, depending upon the availability of internet service.

Thanks for listening and posting.

CHEERS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home